Projects

Here’s a short list of some of the open source projects I’m working on.

• Tram Hunter: An Android client for Yarra Trams tramTRACKERâ„¢ web service for Melbourne Trams
  • Tube Chaser: London Underground/DLR Android app for departure times
  • OysterMate: Check your London Oyster card balance on your Android phone
  • Several XBMC Plugins for Australian content including:

I’ve also got other bits and pieces over on my GitHub account.

Posted at April 8th, 2012.

36 Responses to “Projects”

1. Baron says:

The afl video plugin is fantastic. It there one for the NRL as well,

Thanks

2. Andy says:

@baron No NRL plugin, but plenty of scope to make one. All the hard work is done (e.g. communicating with bigpond video) so its just a few minor details that need to be change for it to work.

3. Jeffrey Williams says:

Hi,

Just forked your code and created an NRL addon for XBMC. Your code was fairly easier to adjust literally had to just figure out the channels and everything else just worked. Not sure how or if you want to package it up with the afl video plugin but the code is available here:

4. Baron says:

Hey Thanks for that. I was just trying to use 7 plus plugin for XBMC and it says that it cant find the URL. I watched last resort on it the other day and it was perfect. Is there a fix for this? Thanks for creating these plugins they are excellent 🙂

5. Dominic says:

Hey, your AFL xbmc plugin is awesome, but recently it seems to have stopped working for some videos (I can’t watch last week’s Saints vs Suns video, for instance). Any idea how to get this working again? If you don’t have the time, do you have any pointers on where I can start digging through the code to fix it?

Thanks!

6. Mark B says:

Ditto, any match video i try to load fails, says Fetching, then starting, then nothing. Here is an extractfrom XBMC log, though I realise its messy posted here;

15:54:45 T:123940864 ERROR: CFileCurl::CReadState::Open, didn’t get any data from stream.
    15:54:45 T:141508608 NOTICE: [AFL Video v0.6] Initialised
    15:54:45 T:123940864 WARNING: FillBuffer: curl failed with code 22
    15:54:45 T:141508608 NOTICE: [AFL Video v0.6] Fetching video URL for content ID 532866…
    15:54:46 T:141508608 NOTICE: [AFL Video v0.6] Base URL found: javascript:var W=window.open(‘http://admin.dams.bigpond.com/content.select?pid=jft7EDETihRsiRBood7yNXIIhCp_7IxL&UserName=Unknown’,’tppopup’,’width=200,height=100′);
    15:54:46 T:103022592 NOTICE: DVDPlayer: Opening: javascript:var W=window.open(‘http://admin.dams.bigpond.com/content.select?pid=jft7EDETihRsiRBood7yNXIIhCp_7IxL&UserName=Unknown’,’tppopup’,’width=200,height=100′);
    15:54:46 T:103022592 WARNING: CDVDMessageQueue(player)::Put MSGQ_NOT_INITIALIZED
    15:54:46 T:143704064 NOTICE: Creating InputStream
    15:54:46 T:143704064 WARNING: CreateLoader – Unsupported protocol(javascript:var w=window.open(‘http) in javascript:var w=window.open(‘http://admin.dams.bigpond.com/content.select?pid=jft7EDETihRsiRBood7yNXIIhCp_7IxL&UserName=Unknown’,’tppopup’,’width=200,height=100′);
    15:54:46 T:143704064 ERROR: CDVDPlayer::OpenInputStream – error opening [javascript:var W=window.open(‘http://admin.dams.bigpond.com/content.select?pid=jft7EDETihRsiRBood7yNXIIhCp_7IxL&UserName=Unknown’,’tppopup’,’width=200,height=100′);]
    15:54:46 T:143704064 NOTICE: CDVDPlayer::OnExit()
    15:54:46 T:143704064 NOTICE: CDVDPlayer::OnExit() deleting input stream
    15:54:46 T:103022592 NOTICE: CDVDPlayer::CloseFile()

7. Justin R says:

Andy,

Have been really enjoying the AFL plugin until I recently upgraded my XBMC on my ATV2. Thought it was that I hadn’t upgraded to your latest release, but still struggling to watch the Richmond content. Any clues?

Love your work and thankyou….Go Tiges.

8. Justin R says:

Andy
    After your last update on 16th April all was fixed. But now
    the current richmond directory has disappeared. Love to get a fix.

9. Daniel says:

Andy,

I have noticed that from some time last week only replay games up to round 3 appear. I have downloaded the source from GitHub to see if I could fix it but going through the code (insert learning python on the go here) I quickly realised I am out of my depth and cant see where the issue is.

Is it possible if you could point me in the right direction to troubleshoot this issue? (ie what to look for in wireshark etc) and what modules to focus on.

I am desperate to relive on XBMC the point where the Cats broke the Tigers heart in this last few minutes of the 1st Half (Go stokesy)….sorry Justin R.

Anyways enjoy. Go Cats.

10. Andy Botting says:

Hi Daniel,

I’ve had a fix for this, but hadn’t had time to push it yet.

You can find v0.9 at:

The match replays work a bit differently now. Please test it out and let me know how it goes.

cheers,
    Andy

11. Justin R says:

Andy,

Thanks for the latest update.
    I checked it earlier, but whilst the Tiger’s video content I think appears to be a bit more than before, it shows old content as opposed to the most recent uploads. Any idea what this means?

Please let me know if you need me to upload an ATV2 log if that would assist.

…and Daniel, you have a great team at the moment. Enjoy while you can coz the Tiges are coming….I hope ; > )

12. Andy says:

@Justin: I’ve noticed that the club video is now very old. Telstra have obviously changed something again.

I’m going to look into finding a new source for the content soon.

cheers,
    Andy

13. Digger says:

Hi Andy,

Loving your work with the addons – huge appreciation!

I have a problem though with the Plus7 addon. On my laptop it works fine in XBMC 12.1.

As soon as I go to my newly built HTPC it doesnt work? Same series, episode, same version of XBMC, both Win7. I tried watching the episode directly from the website on the HTPC and it worked, but it doesnt through the addon.

The error I get is the “Unable to play video: Stream URL not found”

Any thoughts?

Thanks
    Digger

14. Daniel NC says:

Andy

OK I tried 1.0 and the Match Replays did not work (the games listed but then nothing).

Feeling inspired I asked Google how to fix it and came up with a new def (see below). I assume it is ugly (hey tis but a first go) but it works……..when it comes to the method of how I got it to work, picture someone stuffing a marshmallow into a smartie box.

I think the orig issue was due to the ElementTree being 1.2.7 and not 1.3? in xbmc.

Apologies for the cut and paster….

Daniel

p.s. Kelly was very unlucky

def get_match_video(round_id, match_id, userquality):

match_video = []
    round_url = “%s/%s” % (config.ROUND_URL, round_id)

try:
    xml = fetch_url(round_url)
    rnd = ET.fromstring(xml)

matches = rnd.find(‘matches’)
    for match in matches.findall(‘match’):
    mymatch = match.get(‘FixtureId’)
    utils.log(“mymatch: %s” % mymatch)
    utils.log(“match_id: %s” % match_id)
    if mymatch == match_id:
    qualities = match.find(‘qualities’)
    for quality in qualities.findall(‘quality’):
    myquality = quality.get(‘name’)
    utils.log(“myquality: %s” % myquality)
    if myquality == config.REPLAY_QUALITY[userquality]:
    periods = quality.find(‘periods’)
    for qtr in periods.getchildren():
    qtr_dict = dict(qtr.items())
    match_video.append(qtr_dict)

except:
    return None

return match_video

15. Francis says:

Hi Andy

Loving your work on these Add Ons

Just wondering about the other channels like Channel 9, Channel 10 and SBS? Are they too difficult/complex to create an add-on?

16. Andy says:

Francis: See the XBMC Catch-up TV AU repository, which includes Channel 10 and SBS. I’m not sure if they’re in a working state though.

17. Michael says:

Hello Andy,

Can you please unlock http://watchafl.afl.com.au (international AFL Site)

Thanks

18. Justin r says:

Hi Andy
    Just tried to watch AFL plugin again but all of the visual directory content dates back to 2010. The version I’m using is 1.3.1 but on Xbox wizard edition. Darwin 11.0.0.

Does this make any sense to you?
    Would love to be able to access your plug in like before.
    Cheers justin

19. Andy Botting says:

Justin:

Telstra do this every season. Last season, the same thing happened, but all the content returned. I’m not sure if it’ll happen this time around though.

I’m looking for another way to get the content, but I can’t promise anything. Look out for an update though.

cheers,
    Andy

20. Brett says:

Hi Andy,

Have you looked at the Foxtel Play API?

Do you believe its possible to create an addon for it.

Some info:

Cheers,
    Brett.

21. David says:

Hi Andy

Would you be able to help with whereabouts of a Kodi addon for new 9NOW catchup service that has replaced JumpIn ?

22. Hashman says:

Hello ANDY. Plus 7 won’t load episodes anymore. I’m using 2.8. Is there an update needed?

23. Tsunami says:

Hi Andy,

The NRL Video option is no longer there, any way of getting this back in?

Thanks

24. Andy Botting says:

NRL is busted :(. The APIs that the add-on used don’t work any more and the original author isn’t supporting it.

I was getting emails asking about when it was going to get fixed, so I yanked it from the repo.

You can still grab the old version from here if you want:

25. Squ1dward says:

Andy,

Any chance we can get a player that works over here in the US. Missing my Hawks. Thanks!

26. Andy says:

@Squ1dward: I think your choices are 1) pay for an AFL subscription and use their mobile app, or 2) use a VPN with an Australian endpoint on your Kodi machine

27. Ron Harrigan says:

Hi Andy , I thought I had my app working , well I did for all old matches , then on the first game night the whole app crashed ,couldn’t get anything at all . Any help would be appreciated

28. Ron Harrigan says:

Me again , yes I do have a free subs from Telstra, lets hope you can fix or help

29. Ron Harrigan says:

Hi Again ANDY, I am in Australia ,and have my free subs for AFL , FROM Telstra , used superrepo, and have your AFL app working well now , all the games except ,the live games . It works fine on my mobile ,and would love to have it on my big screen ,CAN YOU HELP PLEASE

30. Ron Harrigan says:

Thank you ,your latest update, has me logged on and watching our AFL LIVE , well done and many thanks

31. Adele says:

Hey Andy the plus 7 add on hasn’t been working a while now (home and away) keeps saying failed how do I solve this

32. Mick says:

Hi, our family uses the 7 plus app on Kodi a lot, and for some reason it’s not showing up with house rules on my 2 android boxes, however on my raspberry Pi it shows up. Any ideas how I can fix this.

Thanks.

33. Jamie says:

Getting. A python error
    When trying to install from repo
    Ver 1.8 afl addon

34. Bish M says:

Hey Andy, just wanted to say a massive thanks for maintaining these kodi addons, in particular AFL! Literally use it each week, fantastic solution to uncle Rupert’s stranglehold on our footy. If there was a way to donate I would. Cheers

35. vinnie says:

hey Andy
    have got a older versions of AFL live?
    i have an old mac and running kodi 16

v

36. Justin says:

Hey andy great work just wondering any chance getting the streams in hd in the future? Also is there a chance for an optus sport one?